Dienstag, 1. November 2016

Halloween

Dear Friends
all we have information about the tangled concept of Celtic Halloween as saints and deceased remembrance, good harvests celebration and horror time. I observe that Halloween is not only a Celtic concept that only recently invaded Europe. When I was child in Verona, the tradition of the luminous, carved pumpkins was already well established. It intended to directed the deceised on the home way and to kept  underground, horror spirits away. It was probably a relic of  a widespread Italic-Venetic-pagan cult of ancestors. Although living in Germany, obedient to the tradition, I exposed my Halloween, but I was crestfallen because it was the only one I seen (see the images). 
Salutations
Giancarlo






     

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen