Sonntag, 28. Juli 2019

Partial Moon - Landing

Dear Friends
on 16-17th  July the Moon with a spectacular, Germany visible, partial Eclipse (see the images) celebrated the 50th anniversary of the 20th July 1969 human landing of Apollo 11. I remember perfectly that evening, 50 years ago. After dinner, unaware of the incoming event, a neighbor invited my mother and me to spend some hours of the warm July evening at the fresh nearby Porta Vescovo side gardens in my Verona. I was there by bycicle and while the two ladies sitting on a bench dialogated, I ran around the fountain with my bycicle so fast to be reprimanded by the people for my excessive velocity. Although I have forgotted the event, I ran back home fastly, arriving just in time to assist to the landing final phases. Few minutes more and I would have missed the event. Comments from your side are welcomed.
Salutations
Giancarlo






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen