Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2012

Neapel und der Süden

Dear Friends
first of all, I whish to you and your families an Happy and Sucessful 2012.
Then, let me say that having spent three month of my life in Neapel and having sejourned many time Sicily, it was for me a great pleasure to visit the announced exhibition
Neapel und der Süden at the Neue Pinakothek here in München:
http://www.pinakothek.de/neue-pinakothek
http://www.damals.de/de/4/news.html?aid=190522&action=showDetails
The exhibition presents photos of the 19th century, taken by different photographers using different technics. In looking to the photos I recognized, sometime without appreciable changes, ancient monuments, streets and aspects of the people's life I met, and the photos, I think, are successful in providing to the visitors visions of the difficult but pulsating life of the peoples in that period. Particularly impressive are the images of a Vesuvian eruption, of the earthquake in Casamicciola and the underground cemetery in Palermo.
The following images are certainly of not high quality because of the illumination in the hall
of the exhibition, but in any case can communicate you, I hope, an idea of said life.
Salutations
Giancarlo





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen