Donnerstag, 18. Dezember 2014

Art in Photography ?

Dear Friends
the question of art in photography has been addressed by Tina Modotti:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tina_Modotti both implicitly through her photos presented at Retrospettiva http://scaviscaligeri.comune.verona.it/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=45016 and explicitly in her book: Sulla Fotografia.
 "Always when the words 'art' and 'artistic' are applied to my photographic work, I am disagreably affected. ... I don't try to produce art but honest photographs without distortions or manipulations. ... To know whether photography is or is not an art matters little. What is important is to distinguish between good and bad photography. By good photography is meant photography which accepts all the limitations ... and take advantage of the possibilities ... the medium offers. By bad photography is meant ... which is done ... recurring to all sorts of imitations". This is the clear and shocking Tina's message. In looking to her photos, I can say that I disagree, but I let to you to form your opinion. To be synthetic and to avoiding unuseful "art" or "artistic" polemics, I can say that Tina through her photos tells both the others and the best of herself to the others.
Merry Christmas & Happy 2015
Giancarlo





















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen