Samstag, 28. Januar 2017

Usai

Dear Friends
I was a bit excited in arriving at the Civico Museo Archeologico of Bologna, because I was aware of its  Usai mummy  (not to be confused with the black mummy of the same Museum or with the Tashwinat black mummy  of Uan Muhuggiag studied by the Italian archaeologist Savino Di Lernia ) and that a qualified archaeologist would have provided valuable information about it. Entering the Museum I was disappointed in learning that the mummy was visitable (see the last images), but the archaeologist was absent. The Egyptian section of the Museum  is wonderful (see the images), but I was delight when the director of the Museum joined me. She gave me a high qualified lesson about Usai his rank, his life and the harduous problems he poses us today: how to move and turn safely his mummy, his past radiographies, his modern tomography , the risks of a genealogical DNA test . Let me say that I still feel me honored by this uncommon experience.
Salutations
Giancarlo







 


 
 

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen